Thanks to the generosity of our community and support from our members, the Lynn Valley Trail Association has been able to complete various projects throughout the last 10 years. Projects that not only keep the trail safe and accessible, but a beautiful space for everyone to enjoy. We’re happy to share this historical overview of projects from 2013-2021 so our members and community can see how their donations are being put to good use.
All projects have been funded via the LVTA through donations other than $30k assistance on the bridge repairs in 2013 and $10k assistance on the bridge beam replacement in 2021 by Norfolk County.
- 2013 – $116k, Robinson and Burt bridges structural repairs, trail resurfacing
- 2014 – $19k, Trail resurfacing, new gates
- 2015 – $10k, Signage and swale repairs near Decou Road entrance
- 2016 – $8k, Signage and benches
- 2017 – $2k, benches
- 2018 – $2k, benches
- 2019 – $13k, bridge repairs, signage, benches
- 2020 – $8k, Pennington bridge ramps
- 2021 – $48k, Ramps on Robinson and Burt bridges, beam replacements Robinson, benches, kilometer markers, bike repair station 2022 – $40k, trail resurfacing
Total expenditures – $266K in the last 10 years.
Proposed projects for the remainder of 2022, include rrail resurfacing – rough estimate $25k, Rotary Bridge structural repair and ramps estimated $130k. We will also have some miscellaneous projects such as benches.